Forums

A FREE Online Coin Database & Price Guide :: Forums :: Coinbrag.com Coin Database & Price Guide :: Announcements

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Country Is Now Required When Joining and Why...
Moderators: Nicholas
Author Post
Nicholas
Tue Sep 21 2010, 07:56pm
Deus Ex Machina

Registered Member #1
City, State:: Ocala, Florida
This does not affect older braggers but as of yesterday, new braggers are required to state their country of residence. For privacy, you can hide your country from others viewing your profile.

The reason I did this is because I'm planning to get the price guide progressing soon and one of the features I want to have is the ability to differentiate values by region.
A Canadian 2009 10-cent coin is going to be harder to acquire in Sierra Leone than it would be in Canada.

To do this, I'll need to know where everyone is located. Even as prices are added, it won't reveal where you are from unless you add that in the comments. We'll have separate trend charts which will show anonymous values. It will be awesome...once we have more prices on the site.

If you are already a member, please put your country in your profile, feel free to hide it. I'm not going to tell anyone nor will I be giving that information to anyone. :)

Thanks!
Website
BCNumismatics
Wed Sep 22 2010, 08:37am
Registered Member #378
Nicholas,
It is a good idea,but a start towards weeding out the spammers.

Aidan.
double mike
Wed Sep 22 2010, 04:36pm
Registered Member #249
City, State:: Jacksonville, Fl.
Aidan: Have you had a problem with spammers? I know I havent.
Nicholas
Thu Sep 23 2010, 12:29am
Deus Ex Machina

Registered Member #1
City, State:: Ocala, Florida
I think Aidan is referring to the bots that join our site. Luckily they have not figured out how to post yet.
Website

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF