Forums

A FREE Online Coin Database & Price Guide :: Forums :: Coinbrag.com Coin Database & Price Guide :: Questions/Comments

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Question for an American Cent collector
Moderators: Nicholas
Author Post
yamracer2001
Tue Apr 20 2010, 08:39pm
Registered Member #322
City, State:: Cadet, MO
I got my hands on a sealed roll of the gold colored 2005 buffalo nickels and a sealed roll of Nevada quarter that are gold colored. How should I list them in the database? I know their D mint marks, but what would be the best variation description? Also how would I go about listing Silver Eagle Dollars? I am surprised they arent on here, I put a 2009 under the dollars but it gets lost in the presidential and sac. dollars. Is it still correct?
Nicholas
Tue Apr 20 2010, 09:44pm
Deus Ex Machina

Registered Member #1
City, State:: Ocala, Florida
Hey,

I was going to add the silver eagles to the database myself. I think listing them under 1 Dollar works since they are supposed to be $1 coins. Variation being "Silver Eagle" would work.

For the buffalo nickels and Nevada quarters, that's a great question. I just bought some of the colorized state quarters and plan to add them shortly.

Are they colorized or gold plated? I would just put "Gold Plated" as the variant/feature for the coins.
Website
yamracer2001
Wed Apr 21 2010, 12:16am
Registered Member #322
City, State:: Cadet, MO
They are gold colored, I havent done any research whether or not it is actual gold, but I think I saw something on Coin Vault awhile back about them actually being gold plated. I was at wal mart and an older couple payed with 2 of the quarter rolls, 8 nickel rolls (assrt) and 1 roll of Monroe dollars. All were bank sealed so they have never been opened. I almost cried because I couldnt get them, the dollars werent too special, just normal, though they are hard to find in back issues in sealed rolls, but the quarters and nickels were all gold plated. it still pains me to let them be torn open and placed into circulation. Let's just pray I get them in change lol.
Nicholas
Wed Apr 21 2010, 10:06am
Deus Ex Machina

Registered Member #1
City, State:: Ocala, Florida
There are some gold plated ones on ebay so if you got those at face value I think it's save to say you did really well on them. :)
Website

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF