Forums

A FREE Online Coin Database & Price Guide :: Forums :: Coin Chat :: General Coin Chat

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
New National Parks Quarters
Moderators: Nicholas
Author Post
Nicholas
Fri Dec 12 2008, 06:25pm
Deus Ex Machina

Registered Member #1
City, State:: Ocala, Florida
So what do you guys think?

I'm always happy to see new coins as it means that more collectors will be joining our ranks. There are some long time collectors who felt that the state quarters program was a waste as the coins were so massively produced that they will likely never rise to a significant value.

My belief is even if the state quarters are never worth more than face value, it still brought new collectors into the hobby and when they were done collecting quarters, some people wanted more. So they branched into buffalo nickels and morgan dollars among other coins. These state parks quarters are likely to bring in more collectors as well.

It took a lot of dedication to collect all 50 state quarters. I gave up after the first 7 and to this day, I think I only have about 30 of them. I'm sure that those who diligently collected the 50 quarters over the last 10 years might be thinking "more, oh no!" With that in mind, these national park quarters could end up being more valuable in the future.

Website

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF