Forums

A FREE Online Coin Database & Price Guide :: Forums :: Coinbrag.com Coin Database & Price Guide :: Questions/Comments

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
'Coin Lists Now Public!' on the front page contains dead links.
Go to page  [1] 2
Moderators: Nicholas
Author Post
BCNumismatics
Tue Jun 29 2010, 05:23pm
Registered Member #378
Nicholas,
Your posting 'Coin Lists Now Public!' on the front page contains dead links,as I got 404 'Not Found' messages coming up.

I have also posted a reply in the 'Comments' section under that suggesting that a similar thing should also be done for world banknotes as well,as banknotes are just as popular as coins are.

Aidan.
Nicholas
Wed Jun 30 2010, 01:33pm
Deus Ex Machina

Registered Member #1
City, State:: Ocala, Florida
Oh you are right.

When our site was attacked, I reinstalled many files but not everything was brought back up 100% because of how I stored the backups on my hard drive.

Bragger profiles once again show links to everyone's collection links. I believe the gallery should be working for everyone's coins but I need to run a few tests and then add that to profile pages as well.

In order for there to be member pages with gallery pics like that for banknotes, I'll have to create a banknote database. I've been planning on that since 2006 but I've got a few more things to do to CoinBrag first. There's going to be a big change done to our database and once that is complete then I will be open to creating the banknote database. :)
Website
BCNumismatics
Wed Jun 30 2010, 08:33pm
Registered Member #378
Nicholas,
Have you thought of creating a website called http://www.banknotebrag.com ? If you did that,you could have a link to CoinBrag on there,plus a link to BanknoteBrag on here,this giving collectors the best of both worlds.

You could do a similar thing to what is on http://www.zeno.ru ,but allow for only banknotes & postal orders to be uploaded.

Aidan.

The program that is used is from http://www.photopost.com
Nicholas
Wed Jun 30 2010, 10:05pm
Deus Ex Machina

Registered Member #1
Yes, I was thinking of essentially duplicating this entire site, but on a separate domain name for banknotes. It would look virtually the same.

I am actually thinking that I will be able to set it up so that accounts will be global in the sense that you would need to register on both sites.

There would be new bragger token totals, but I would create a new "global total" that would show the total earned for all sites. This would enable new paper currency collectors to gain their own recognition without being dwarfed by those of us who've already added lots of coins here. At the same time, those of us who worked hard on coinbrag, won't lose anything and will likely dominate the ranks globally and continue locally on this site.

Before I create that second site, I want to create "classes"

This thread here explains some of what I am planning to add: here.

I've been planning that out for quite some time. When I get that done and a few other things, then I'll be ready to clone CoinBrag. :)
Website
BCNumismatics
Wed Jun 30 2010, 11:33pm
Registered Member #378
Nicholas,
I'd be more than happy to advise you in how to divide the gallery for British Commonwealth coins,as far as dividing by reign goes.

Posthumous Issue coins,such as those struck in 1901,1910,1936,& 1952 in the name of the preceding monarch would need to be classed separately,as does the Canadian 1936 Dot & 1947 Maple Leaf emergency coinages.

Of course,the constitutional status at the time of striking would also need to be taken into account,such as the coins of Guyana & Malta,which had coins struck under both the Dominion & the Republic using the same basic design.

Aidan.
Nicholas
Thu Jul 01 2010, 04:59pm
Deus Ex Machina

Registered Member #1
Hi,

Thank you for the offer. When I get the framework for the classes I will definitely be looking for help. Class is probably a bad choice of words, "type" is probably more appropriate. If you look through a coin catalog like Krause's you see that they give different catalog numbers for similar coins with slight variances, and I plan to have similar with our site...plus a little bit extra. :)

I don't have an ETA on it. I am hoping that I can get some major progress done on this this month but I don't expect too much to be achieved in the next two weeks.
Website
BCNumismatics
Tue Aug 03 2010, 09:49pm
Registered Member #378
Nicholas,
You could download this open source gallery program; http://piwigo.org ,then you can link both the banknote & coin galleries together.

Yes,it looks like you can customise it.

Aidan.
yamracer2001
Tue Aug 03 2010, 10:03pm
Registered Member #322
City, State:: Cadet, MO
Nicholas, that seems like a wonderful idea, while I may have been inactive for awhile on Coinbrag, I am starting to get back into it and having a clone site for paper currency would probably help grow my collection in another direction. Just wanted to throw that out there, I would support it 100% and help out as much as possible with the few resources I have available. Thanks for the wonderful site and lets hope the future is even better.
Nicholas
Wed Aug 04 2010, 09:58am
Deus Ex Machina

Registered Member #1
That's not a bad looking script. The only thing is, I already have the database built for CoinBrag and all the pictures are organized in a way that I could not easily adapt another gallery into it.

The gallery we have now is horribly basic. It sorts only by most recent uploads. There is a lot that can be done to it.

The piwigo gallery looks pretty good though, I use their layout as a reference when it comes time to build a prettier and more advanced gallery. Thank you for sharing!
Website
Nicholas
Wed Aug 04 2010, 10:02am
Deus Ex Machina

Registered Member #1
yamracer2001, It is good to see you here again. I have not been able to do much to this site either over the past two months but I plan to do some work to this site in the next week and over the rest of this month. I am getting excited about coins and CoinBrag again. :)
Website
Go to page  [1] 2  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF