Forums

Go to page  1 [2]
Moderators: Nicholas
Author Post
BCNumismatics
Tue Nov 08 2011, 01:43am
Registered Member #378
Mike,
I am in the process of trying to contribute to Gerhard Schon's Weltmunzkatalog,as I have given up on trying to contribute to Krause.

Gerhard Schon has informed me that he is going to get a gallery & catalogue website online early next year.

I am hoping that he will also do a Weltgeldkatalog gallery & catalogue for banknotes as well.

Aidan.
double mike
Wed Nov 09 2011, 09:24pm
Registered Member #249
City, State:: Jacksonville, Fl.
Aidan:
Like I said before and i'll say it again! Krause is out for the bottom line. And the collector is the last in line. I do not and will not buy anything with Krauses name on it.
BCNumismatics
Fri Nov 11 2011, 03:24am
Registered Member #378
Mike,
I don't blame you for feeling that way.

What really made me lose my cool with Krause Publications was leaving out the entire chapter of Belizean banknotes from the Pick catalogue from 1961 onwards.

It will be great as soon as Gerhard Schon gets his website up online & ready for collectors to contribute to.

Aidan.
Nicholas
Mon Nov 21 2011, 11:40am
Deus Ex Machina

Registered Member #1
City, State:: Ocala, Florida
Leaving out any coins is one of the things that inspired me to try to have a complete coin database. Granted it's still far from complete but the "no coin left behind" policy is definitely in play.

Even books and sites with just 1 picture to represent 50 coins is well and good but I like a picture for every coin, especially with the internet having room so much more.

When the class system gets brushed up on soon there will also be a more concise search in addition to the current one for those that prefer less.

Aidan also inspired me to take a look at the picture gallery and that's caused me to re-evaluate our current search here. I was planning to overhaul that but I've got some new ideas I've jotted down in my notebook.

Hopefully I'll have some time soon to work on them.
Website
BCNumismatics
Sun Nov 27 2011, 08:50pm
Registered Member #378
Nicholas,
Does that include installing the programs from http://www.numissoft.com ?

Aidan.
Nicholas
Tue Nov 29 2011, 09:21am
Deus Ex Machina

Registered Member #1
City, State:: Ocala, Florida
No, I was actually thinking of going a different route.
Website
Go to page  1 [2]  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF