Forums

A FREE Online Coin Database & Price Guide :: Forums :: Coinbrag.com Coin Database & Price Guide :: Bugs/Suggestions

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Can you externally query the coin database
Moderators: Nicholas
Author Post
cbyjpr
Wed Jun 23 2010, 11:57am
Registered Member #523
It would be great if it was possible to query the database using a external program. Is this possible now, or is it planned for future?

Thanks
Nicholas
Wed Jun 23 2010, 12:33pm
Deus Ex Machina

Registered Member #1
City, State:: Ocala, Florida
Hi and Welcome to CoinBrag! :)

Since pretty much the beginning of this site's creation, I was hoping to do some form of external program. Whether it was a yearly DVD distribution or an actual application that could frequently connect and get new coins/prices on a daily basis. It might even be able to make uploading coins easier if it could scan a photo directory and then you could choose the coins to link to the pictures and then upload to our server.

Realistically, I don't see that happened for at least another 12-24 months, unless I am suddenly able to find some technical help.
Website
cbyjpr
Wed Jun 23 2010, 01:14pm
Registered Member #523
I was hoping to use your database as a possible backend to a application I have been thinking of developing (mostly for personal use but if I get the database working I'd probably go public with it). Does the site support the query side of things now, and the application development is all that's needed? Or is it 12-24 months for the queries as well?
Nicholas
Wed Jun 23 2010, 11:44pm
Deus Ex Machina

Registered Member #1
City, State:: Ocala, Florida
Currently the site is not designed or prepped for external use at all. In the next 6 months I hope to greatly improve upon the site by further developing the content and features.

I would like a standalone version of the database in some form soon as well as a mobile friendly version of the site (uploads from a cell phone camera would be great especially as resolution continues to improve). But before I'd devote much time and resources I'd want CoinBrag to have at least 100,000 coins entered and 25% or more of those with photos. So whether that happens in the next year or two, I am not sure. I do feel good that it's going to happen. :)
Website

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF