Forums

Go to page  [1] 2
Moderators: Nicholas
Author Post
BCNumismatics
Sat Jan 08 2011, 08:09am
Registered Member #378
You can go here; http://www.numista.com .

I have been uploading some photos on there.

Aidan.
KSP
Mon Jan 10 2011, 03:05pm
Registered Member #172
Yeah, I joined that site a while ago..but have not used it yet for swap. I used 'Colnect' for a year or so, until recently, and did many swaps from there. Hmm, you've reminded me to check Numista again. The dashboard feature with it coin map is a nice touch on the site.

Been adding a lot of coins have you?

[ Edited Mon Jan 10 2011, 03:07pm ]
Nicholas
Mon Jan 10 2011, 04:43pm
Deus Ex Machina

Registered Member #1
City, State:: Ocala, Florida
Interesting website. I think I have been there before, or to a similar site. They actually have a few things that I've been working on adding, like coin diameters.
Website
BCNumismatics
Tue Jan 11 2011, 06:44pm
Registered Member #378
Kaija,
I have joined 'Colnect' as well,but I have not been able to contribute there as well,as they are just as bad as http://www.ucoin.net in not having any way to upload photos of coins that are not even listed,let alone,depicted,in the major catalogues.Not having any way to upload photos is really defeating the purpose - not to mention,shooting themselves in the foot,as it were.

Take a look at both 'England' & 'Scotland' on Numista for example.They are depicting coins that are on here,on http://www.allnumis.com ,& on http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/BCNumismatics .

Aidan.
Nicholas
Tue Jan 11 2011, 07:14pm
Deus Ex Machina

Registered Member #1
City, State:: Ocala, Florida
Wow, I had no idea there were so many coin sites around. When I created CoinBrag there was omnicoin and Don's World Coin Gallery. Now there's dozens of them.
Website
coindude1
Sat Jan 15 2011, 11:17am
Registered Member #834
Hi,

I'm new here but have been on Colnect for a while. It's actually very east to upload photos there through the comments system http://colnect.com/help/collecting/comments/ but the concept is different than here. Here it seems every collector can upload his own coin and on Colnect there is a main catalog that all collectors use and then each of us can simply do a single click to add a coin to the collection on Colnect. That's why most people don't have to upload pictures and that's why they can offer the automatic matching feature which I find so cool. Although I know Numista and OmniCoin I haven't found this automatic matching thing anywhere else which is why Colnect is my favorite.

Anyway, looking out to seeing what CoinBrag can offer :)
BCNumismatics
Sat Jan 15 2011, 02:23pm
Registered Member #378
Coindude1,
Thanks for posting that.It still doesn't answer the question about how to get a new section added.

I emailed them to ask about adding sections for Community Currencies & Postal Orders late last year.Typically,I got NO reply!

Community currency & postal order collecting has become popular areas of numismatics.In the case of postal orders,they are very popularly collected in England.

Community currencies have been released in a big way in recent years,especially in Canada,England,& the U.S.A..

Aidan.
KSP
Sun Jan 16 2011, 10:10am
Registered Member #172
Coindude. Colnect is a swap site of course(as is Numista). Coinbrag has no emphasis on swapping (although the option to do it is there). I love coinbrag for the very reason that you can post every year of coin issues. This is what really appeals to me..and I love to see members coins they have posted up. You don't get that chance with the regular 'one coin fits all' that most other sites employ.

As for Colnect, the automatic matching feature is now premium members only as of a few months ago. I don't feel like coughing up $20 a month just for that (nor do I have excel in order to upload and so possibly win premium membership) and I thought that matching feature was essential to the premise. I no longer use Colnect because of this. They got greedy in my opinion..so stuff 'em.

Anyhoo, hello and all that.

[ Edited Sun Jan 16 2011, 10:10am ]
BCNumismatics
Sun Jan 16 2011, 06:44pm
Registered Member #378
Kaija,
Someone needs to post a link to this website up on Colnect's forum as a way of hopefully attracting more banknote & coin collectors over here.

I would prefer a collaboration between Allnumis & Coinbrag,because both communities are very similar to a certain degree.

Aidan.
coindude1
Tue Jan 18 2011, 11:25am
Registered Member #834
Aidan,
I don't know who you sent an email on Colnect because when you try to contact you're directed to Colnect forums and you can post there. Did you do that? I know new categories are added to Colnect (now it has beer coasters for example) so your idea might be welcome.

kaija,
You are right it's a different thing when you can upload a picture of every single coin you have and when you have to settle for 'one coin fits all'. I guess the concept on Colnect is more of a catalog and here it's more of a personal photo album...
Just a correction here: auto-matching on Colnect is NOT limited only to premium members. I know that members who help on Colnect (as editors or uploading many pictures) get their premium status for and others pay ~$6 a month and not $20... or at least that's what's written on http://colnect.com/en/help/collecting/premium_join
Not that you should pay anything if you prefer to upload each and every photo you have. For me, it seems a bit demanding when you have a big collection. I tried to look for your coins here but didn't see them. Did you upload and I'm missing something?

CD

Go to page  [1] 2  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF