Forums

A FREE Online Coin Database & Price Guide :: Forums :: Coinbrag.com Coin Database & Price Guide :: Questions/Comments

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Questions on pricing
Moderators: Nicholas
Author Post
Nicholas
Fri Apr 03 2009, 01:44am
Deus Ex Machina

Registered Member #1
City, State:: Ocala, Florida
I had a bragger write me earlier today and I wanted to share the dialogue here:

Hi Nicholas,

I'm a little confused on the pricing data. I've made some online buying on E-bay. Am I supposed to just insert the link from the page of the item on e-bay that I purchased? Also when I click on the "offline Buying" data it just takes me to the same box that says insert HTML here. How do I enter something in?

I'm also wondering about this option. Some of the purchases I've made were in bulk and fairly cheap. So that may not reflect the actual value of the coin. Will this matter?

I tried looking around the site cause I thought I had seen previous info, but could not find it. Thanks for your help!

And now for my response:

Hey,

You don't have to add a link to eBay. In the past I have done it with a few purchases and even a couple that I was outbid on.

It might have been a waste of my time since eBay only keeps items on file for 90 days but I just wanted to add some information and hope it would encourage others to express themselves.

The bulk question is a good one and I think it would be ok to put the prices in if you wanted. Ideally this site would have thousands of members and every coin would have many values so things would even out. Of course coins that seem cheap according to a price guide might just be the true market value. If a dozen people all got the same $10 coin for $2, then is the value really $10 or $2? :)

The offline sales link is a quick link instead of scrolling down to the area where the offline sales are listed. When you click the link on a page without data you should see in Blue the header for "offline sales" then some eBay pictures and then the html thing. If you try the link with this coin: Sample Coin You should have a better idea of how the page looks with data.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask, I'm glad that someone else is enjoying my site.

Nick

P.S. I may copy this conversation into the forums so others can see the questions and perhaps they will find it useful. I won't use your name though. :)
Website

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF